Social Media Bios
the hardest part in making your social media profile is not the username... its the bio. the bio can make or break your page. what will you write? should you even use words? what about just emojis? short and sweet? or sassy and structured? here are three examples of social media bios
Conventions:
Conventions:
- short
- funny
- straight to the point
- creative/unoriginal
- slight emoji use
- informal/formal
- differs person to person
- is on your social media profile (i.e instagram, or twitter)
- audience- any other user within that social media app, potential custemors, followers,
- purpose- to reel people in; to inform users of who you are/ what you do; to entertain; to sell
Examples of Good Social Media Bio's:
Some of the conventions that apply to the acount bio's:
my personal profile:
- appeals to people my age/friends/ family
- descriptive
- short and simple
- informative
Ruby Rose ( celebrity)
- appeals to fans/friends
- bio is lengthy, but creative
- descriptive
- informal
- informs of her latest career moves
Kim kardashian (influencer/celebrity):
- appeals to potential customers/fans
- straight to the point
- simple

First thing I want to say is, thank you for choosing this genre. This genre is so helpful to everyone and can either make or break you. Making a profile on any of the different social media applications is intimidating and challenging. Your blog post pointed out key components to having an outstanding bio. You want to convey your best qualities and give your followers/friends a glimpse into who you are. I loved how you asked the question just about emojis because that reminded me of my cringe-self when I was a young teenager. The conventions mentioned are all things that I see in mine and my friends’ bios. I love the influencers you chose because their bios are so notable and relevant to today. The example photos of good bios helped give me an idea of how to style my bio. Overall, loved the post and enjoyed reading it.
ReplyDeleteI think you choose a great topic. Social media bios can be very unique. I like that the examples were different in their own ways. The list used in your post was great, it helped with grouping. I would suggest you use proper capitalization in your post, and check for grammatical errors. I also think you should have included your thoughts on what makes an Instagram bio... an instagram bio. Overall this was a good post, and you did a good job.
ReplyDelete